4 Tips for Making Place Cards
– Tip 1: Make place cards to place next to the plate
– Tip 2: Make place cards to put on the plate
– Tip 3: Make place cards to attach to glasses
– Tip 4: Make place cards to attach or place on cutlery
Place cards are a great way to track where each guest is seated for a lunch or dinner party of at least 6-8 people. A simple cardboard box folded in half can be sufficient. However, here are a few ideas to make more unique place cards that your guests may enjoy keeping as a souvenir of a festive or convivial moment.
Tip 1: Make place cards to place next to the plate
Traditionally, place cards are placed next to the plate. It is also the formula that lends itself to a maximum of possible variations.
– Bouquet bookmark:
◦ Attach a tag with the guest’s name to a mini-bouquet of fresh flowers or lavender.
◦ Your tags can adopt a variety of shapes: rectangular, round or free form (star, heart, butterfly, tree…).
– Bookmark bundle:
◦ Tie a small bundle of twigs or cinnamon sticks with a brass wire, and attach a tag.
◦ Or use just 2 twigs or 2 cinnamon sticks; insert the tag between them and hold it together with two glue dots or a bit of brass wire.
– Fruit bookmark:
◦ Glue a tag onto a toothpick.
◦ Prick the whole thing into a red apple or tangerine.
– Pinecone bookmark:
◦ Vertically saw a pine cone about a third of the way up.
◦ Insert a tag into it.
– Bookmark cap:
◦ Cut a slit in a cork; insert a tag.
◦ Cut a cork in half across its height and poke a toothpick into it with a label glued on.
– Easter place card:
◦ Fill an egg cup with foam.
◦ Stick a toothpick in it with a label glued on it.
Tip 2: Make place cards to put on the plate
You can also place many of the place cards next to the plate on the plate for a change. Here are some other ideas as well:
– Prepare a name tag with the guest’s name. Make two slits above and below the name using a cutter, and slip in a fresh flower stem.
– Prepare a name tag for the guest. With a cutter, make two slits to the right and left of the name and insert a piece of wide ribbon with the ends cut into a pennant.
– With a piece of string, attach a pretty tag to a boxwood branch or fir.
– Open a walnut and hollow it out. Close it with glue dots after having slipped the end of a rectangular tag into it, the tip of which you will have cut into a pennant.
Tip 3: Make place cards to attach to glasses
You can also use glasses to make unusual place cards:
– Cut out a star, heart or simply rectangular label. Cut a slit in the glass to slide the label onto the base of a stemmed glass.
– Cut a star, heart, or cloud tag and tie it with a thin ribbon around the base of a glass.
– Cut a label in the shape of a pennant, a star, a heart… Glue it to a wooden spike and place the spike in the glass.
Tip 4: Make place cards to attach or place on cutlery
– Gather all the cutlery, tie it with a ribbon and attach a place card. Place on the plate.
– Cut out a star, heart, flower, butterfly, etc., tag and slide it between two tines of a fork with the tines pointing skyward.
Have you got some more ideas? Remember to share your thoughts in the section below.