Successful Birthday Party Planning (Part 2)
Are you throwing a 40th birthday celebration for a buddy or your spouse? It’s not always easy when the task is complicated by a busy day! Invitations, theme, dinner, and cake, to name a few… Prepare the party ahead of time and follow some easy guidelines to guarantee that everything goes smoothly on the big day. Following part 1, you’ve struck the right title once more! This article will provide you with all of the knowledge you require to plan a successful birthday celebration.
Earlier in part 1, we have gone through:
– Step 1: Make a checklist to organize the birthday party
– Step 2: Make a guest list
– Step 3: Choose a party location
Let’s now continue…
Step 4. Send out invitations
The earlier you notify guests, the more positive responses you will get.
– The invitation should include several elements:
◦ the address, time, and a map of the venue is remote;
◦ a phone number, email address, or RSVP coupon with a deadline for response.
Note: if it’s a surprise party, remember to specify that to avoid leaks!
– Choose a design for the invitations: a photo or a montage, a personal creation, a Word template…
– You will find a large number of invitations to download and print on the Internet.
– Choose a method of transmission of the invitations:
◦ hand to hand;
◦ by mail or email;
◦ by text message, or even by Facebook by creating a private event.
– Send out invitations, including a list of nearby accommodations.
– At the deadline, follow up with those who have not responded.
Step 5. Plan the music
Music is essential to a successful birthday party, whether for dancing or background music.
Make playlists of all the birthday boy (or girl) ’s (or girl’s) favourite songs… even the embarrassing ones. Have one for the meal, another for dancing.
If you don’t have time to prepare a personalized playlist, use streaming music sites, provided you have a subscription to avoid ads: Deezer or Spotify offer themed playlists by era, genre or mood.
Good to know: renting bubble or smoke machines makes it possible to dance in an authentic club atmosphere.
You can also rent the services of a real DJ for the evening.
Note: if you don’t have a DJ, you can use a website that broadcasts live decks from the hottest venues, from clubs to restaurants.
A suitable sound system
Plan a suitable sound system: a living room hi-fi system will not be enough to host more than 20 guests. Count on:
– 150 Watts for 30 to 40 people;
– 300 Watts for 70 to 80 people.
You can easily find rental services near you on the Internet.
Step 6. Plan the light
If you’re having a simple dinner party, choose a subdued atmosphere.
– Multiply the soft lighting points and avoid white lights from ceiling lamps.
– Think about the option of candles, guaranteeing an enchanting atmosphere.
If you are having an outdoor birthday party, use LED lights, string lights and lanterns.
If you plan to dance, dare rent a disco ball or strobe lights.
Step 7. Think about activities
Some people like to play games to break the ice between guests in small groups: riddles, mimes, etc.
At large parties, a guest usually takes charge of the slideshow to show pictures of the king or queen of the party. If this is the case
– provide a white wall, sheet or screen;
– Consider equipment to project it.
Consider setting up a photo booth, which is very popular.
– Guests can have their picture taken alone or in a group by a professional or a friend, with digital or Polaroid cameras.
– Complete the installation with fake moustaches, fancy glasses, wigs, hats…
Step 8. Plan the birthday gift
Everyone can come with their gift for a birthday party or contribute to a joint purchase.
Remember to personalize the gift packages!
The joint gift
If you choose an ordinary gift, specify it on the invitation or by a group email.
Indicate what it is and how you will participate: check, cash or online fund.
For gifts, provide a place to leave them.
Note: set up a ballot box for those who prefer to leave an envelope.
Set up a large card, a blank canvas, a giant photo… and place markers next to it so each guest can leave a message.
And don’t forget about small gifts for guests – a box of chocolates, a miniature game, or a note on the guest’s plate is enough to make them happy.
This post will now continue in part 3. Stay posted, and please know that this piece would be incomplete without your input, so please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
[…] post will now continue in part 2. Stay posted and allow me to tell you this post is incomplete without your participation, so […]